Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Praise the Lord for widow makers!

Ok everybody I am now in Antigua and it is soo cold!! So, you can all stop being jealous of me now because I have to wear long johns and socks to bed. But luckily the place where I am staying has a widowmaker and thus hot showers. Awesome!

So I'm now officially halfway done my first week of spanish school. It's actually pretty fun. It's not quite as a I imagined it. So far we have been doing alot of stuff that I have already learnt so it's all review but it's really good practice because I have a habit of forgetting things. And my teacher is really getting me to talk because I am awful. I have classes for 4 hours in the morning and then I spend my afternoons and evenings hanging out, walking around Antigua, finding random places in my "Walk Antigua" book to just go and find and of course doing homework and studying. Yesterday actually, I went with the school to visit Museo Azotea which has a Mayan music and clothing exhibit and a coffee exhibit as well. It was pretty interesting and I took some pictures.
I live with a Guatemalan family however there are 6 other students living there from the States and Canada and one from Israel and so it's more like a guest house and not so much immersion but a few of them are leaving this weekend so it'll be better. Plus this weekend my friend Charity will be joining me for the second week and I am very excited about this as I am missing familiar faces. Even though it's very easy to make friends here, but you know, it's just still not quite the same.

Ok well my half hour of free internet is almost up but I just wanted to say thanks again to whoever reads this and to pray for health as I got really sick again this morning and I get tummy aches still in the evenings. Which really sucks.

No comments: